Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chalk One Up for AKC!!!

Several months ago I got a black male back due to a family divorce.  The man left and dumped the dog on his wife who was co-onwer.  She and I correpsonded several times and after about 6 months she decided she just could not afford to keep the dog so she returned him to me with her signature as co-owner on the AKC registration.

My contract says that I get the dog back with registration papers in order and signed, but the husband was no where to be found.  The wife stated she did not even know where he was.  I had her send me a note to this affect and I forwarded it along with  the  AKC registration form to AKC with a letter of explanation as to why I needed the dog transferred back to me. About a month goes by and I get a call requesting that I send a copy of the contract showing that the dog was to be transfer back to me if for any reason they could not keep the dog.  I sent them the contract feeling very confident that all would be well.   3 or 4 more weeks go by and I get a letter of denial stating that they can't transfer the dog back to me without his signature.  I was livid.

I called AKC and spoke to a new case worker as the other was not in that day.  I explained everything and how disappointed I was in AKC not supporting their breeders on this kind of issue.  She told me it was not final yet and that she would try one more avenue to contact the husband through his e mail so my hope was renewed.

Today I got a call -  WAHOO!!!  They are transfering the dog back to me and now his new family can show him in obedience which is what they were hoping to do. Thank you AKC for standing up and honoring my contract and transferring the dog back to me. 

Copyright © 2010 Suzan Shipp/Dobs4ever. All rights reserved. Revised: ALL PICTURES AND CONTENT ON THIS BLOG ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF Suzan Shipp/J Bar S Dobermans and may not be used, copied or reprinted without express permission from the owner. Copyrighted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment